Menu Scroll
9/1/19





Dear Parents

We currently have a small number of pupils in school who have a severe allergic reaction to peanuts/nuts. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing peanuts in the air.

Since this condition can be life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk to these individuals by:-

a) avoiding giving your child peanuts in school lunches b) avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches c) asking your child not to share his/her lunches

If for any reason your child has any products in their packed lunch which do contain nut ingredients, please could you inform the class staff so that they can ensure that the risk from this is managed as carefully as possible.

Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction to others.

We thank you for your co-operation.

Yours faithfully

Jonathan Morgan Headteacher